LEARNING THE BASICS ABOUT ISLAM
(Site still in Development Stages)
Islam for Aussies A look at the basics
A 2 Part video series that covers some basic teachings of Islam's and exposes how Islam has been permitted to creap into our society
Ten important words in understanding Islam
1. Dawah. The practice or policy of conveying the message of Islam to non-Muslims
2. Dhimmi is a non Muslim in a Muslim dominated society. It is a subordinate legal status given only to Christians and Jews to live under Muslim rule.
3. Hijra refers to Islamic emigration to non Islamic states. A religious doctrine following Mohammed’s path from Mecca to Medina in 622AD and his conquest and submission of the Jewish city.
4. Jizya is an extra tax to be paid by Christians or Jews living in Muslim held territory.
5. Kafir is a non believer, an infidel. A Dhimmi is always a Kafir, but a Kafir is not always a Dhimmi.
6. Shaheed is only applied to those who sacrifice their lives for Allah's (God's) cause. They have no fear; they only fear Allah and want to obey Him and to serve Him. They realize that their lives belong to Allah, the One who created them, so it is a gift and we should not be so selfish about it. To obey Allah and to implement what He has commanded (truth, justice and liberty) might mean the loss of their loves. Their lover for Allah motivates them to sacrifice the precious gift of life. They are assured of a great reward in the end for their unselfish act. Their focus is on the next life and on pleasing Allah.
7. Sharia is the religious legal system governing the members of the Islamic faith. It is derived from the religious precepts of Islam, particularly the Quran and the Hadith
8. Takfir is the practice of declaring another Muslim to be a nonbeliever and thus an enemy of Islam.
9. Taqiyya a legal dispensation whereby a believing individual can deny his faith or commit otherwise illegal or blasphemous acts while they are at risk of significant persecution.A practice emphasised in Shi’a Islam.
10.Ummah is the Muslim community throughout the world bound together by their ideology